Message Service is responsible for the following tasks in the Java cluster:
- Notification of events that arise in the cluster, for example, if a cluster node gets lost (through failure or shutdown of the instance), or when a service is started or stopped.
- Communication between different services
- Forwarding of messages and requests to all participants (broadcast)
- Prepare logon information for the SAP Web Dispatcher (see Load Balancing Between Many Java Instances)
- Support for Message Server failover
- Guaranteed message transmission
- Exchange of cache information in the cluster