• Key figures are measureable numbers
• Dimensions describe the key figures and enrich them with additional information (usually master data)
• Cardinality in star schemas is generally N:1 fact to dimension
• Joins in star schemas are generally Left Outer Joins
• Slicing and dicing is a feature whereby users can take out (slicing) a specific set of data of the cube and view (dicing) the slices from different viewpoints.
Note: HANA Analytic Views build and extend this concept of an OLAP Star Schema Model
tags: sap, olap, star schema, hana, joins, slicing,