- Distribution of requests to ABAP or Java application instances, both for HTTP and HTTPS requests.
- Request filtering: The SAP Web Dispatcher can deny unwanted requests.
- Buffering of Web requests.
- Unchangeable Web addresses: Independent of the application instance’s name, the SAP Web Dispatcher ensures that users can always access the system via one address.
- Security: Provided that security restrictions between the Internet and SAP NetWeaver Application Server require a demilitarized zone (DMZ) that is bordered by two firewalls, the SAP Web Dispatcher runs within
- this DMZ.
Tags: Webdispatcher SAP , loadbalancing, webdispatcher install steps,