Situation: All the Java Admin users (e.g. J2EE_ADMIN) are unusable or locked.
In a dual stack system we can logon to the ABAP system and unlock the users (ABAP and Java) via transaction SU01.
In a Java-only system we have to use the Netweaver Administrator (NWA) or Visual Admin to unlock any user.
But if all Admin users in a Java-only system are locked then we have to activate the emergency user SAP* to unlock them.
This can be done via Configtool.
Once SAP* is activated all other users will be deactivated untill SAP* is disabled again.
- Navigate to /usr/sap/SID/J*/j2ee/configtool/
- run the executable configtool.sh
- Expand the nodes Global server config > Services > com.sap.security.core.ume.services
- On right hand panel set values for properties as below:
Property Value Comment
ume.superadmin.activated true This activates the SAP* user.
ume.superadmin.password <password> Enter any password of your choice. This defines the password for the SAP* user.
- restart AS Java
- SAP* is activated and all other users are deactivated.
- Now login to NWA or VisualAdmin with SAP* and unlock the desired user. Afterwards you can disable SAP* using same procedure.